N . C . P . D HR Portal
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of websites, portals and web-based applications for Government MDAs.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail: -
- Create the enterprise system design and functional specifications
- Write code/programme and test individual applications/systems
- Be able to provide an entirely new software resource using development tools including writing documentation and operating manuals,
- Install applications/systems and Oversee administration and maintenance of the same.
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of enterprise applications to meet performance objectives of Government of Kenya MDAs and Counties
- Oversee analysis of user requirements for implementation of new systems or enhancement of the existing systems and translate user requirements into system specifications
- Collaborate with vendors/developers in the development of the applications/systems, documenting systems’ manuals including technical and user manuals
- Investigate and resolve enterprise application functionality related issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Manage software licenses and shared services software assets throughout Government MDAs to ensure that they are legally acquired, up to date and protected from risk.
- To advise the Manager, Applications on overall strategy regarding shared services business applications
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: -
- A university degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or in any other ICT related discipline from a recognized institution
- Seven years’ relevant experience in system development, experience in dealing with ERPs and other enterprise applications
- Knowledge of business analysis, implementation and maintenance of enterprise applications
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, system coding and enterprise software applications.
- Relevant Certification in Enterprise systems such as Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP
- Management experience in leading and developing an ICT support team
- Analytical skills; able to evaluate information and situations and take sound decisions Project management skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Proven leadership skills.
ICTA AUGUST 2019 Recruitment